Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring is just around the corner. I saw an online timer that said it was 4 days away, you could have fooled me given the curent cold weather. I have spent the last few weeks categorizing, organizing, and planting seeds. I have claimed a space in our bathroom with a sunny southern exposure. My issue this year has been which seeds not to plant, I only have room for maybe 500 and I have well over that in my selections to plant group. I will probably have to do at least two groups.

Every year my crosses have gotten better but this year is especially exciting for two reasons. This is the first year that close to a majority of the seeds I will be planting have come from crosses I made and this year will be the largest group of seedlings from my own seedlings that will bloom for the first time. I am not sure how much I will post during the season but at the very least I will discussing one seedling per week.

One last tidbit before I go if you have not found it check out mydaylilies.com, it is an excellent site, lots of pics, and adding new members every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment